10-Minute Detox Ideas For The Busy You
Detoxifying is a way of cleansing your body of toxins and although our body has a natural detoxifying process, it’s always helpful to lend it a helping hand.
There are many ways to help flush out toxins and cleanse the body from simple fruit and veggie detoxes, smoothie cleanses, juice cleanses, sugar detox, hypoallergenic detox, etc. Usual detox programs take days – even weeks to perform as it takes time for our body to remove toxins and other impurities from the blood.
However, it is possible to detox every day even with our busy schedules. These 10-minute detox ideas are designed for people who are always on the go.
1. Switch to a fibre-rich diet. Salads and vegetable dishes are easy to prepare. Beets, garlic, grapefruit, kale, spinach, asparagus, lemon, oranges and broccoli are great detox foods. If you have no time for food prep, try option number 2.
2. Green powder. One of the easiest ways to cleanse your body of toxins is by consuming powdered greens. The Essential Greens is a perfect substitute for fruits and veggies because it is made up of 11 superfoods packed with nutrients and fibre necessary for your detox regime.
3. Matcha green tea or smoothie. Green tea is high in antioxidants and other nutrients that are beneficial for your body to keep it working at optimum. It’s easy to prepare and easy to consume. Either drink it as hot or cold tea, or add to your favorite smoothie.
4. Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday. It’s the simplest way of flushing out toxins from the body, keeping your kidney and liver healthy. Water hydrates every part of the body, flowing through our system and carrying out the bodily waste. Water is key to a healthy and clean body. Set reminders in your smart phone to regularly drink water and carry a water bottle with you around.
5. Drink a tea with herbs like lemongrass and ginger that help digestion. Sipping on a tea after a meal is usually best.
6. Breathe in. Taking a deep breath from the belly is the easiest way to bring oxygen into your body. Oxygen not only helps create energy for the body, it also plays an important role in destroying bad bacteria without affecting the good ones. Oxygen is the body’s natural antibiotic. Doing short and simple breathing exercises everyday can help bring in the oxygen that your body needs.
7. Exercise. It plays a crucial role in every detox program. Exercise allows the body to move, breathe and stretch, encouraging every part to function as it should. Exercise also purges the body of chemicals and toxins through our sweat. Light jogging or taking slow walks are equally beneficial for the body as intense workouts.
However, before starting any detox program, consult your doctor first so you understand what the program entails and if it poses any risks to your health.
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more