7 Great Post-Workout Meals
Rushing from your workout to work? Here are 7 on-the-go snacks filled with protein and carbohydrates to re-energize you.
In an ideal world, we’d always be able to sit down and enjoy a nutritious post-workout meal after a sweat session. In reality, we are often going from our workout to another appointment and need to refuel on the go. Here are 7 on-the-go snacks filled with protein and carbohydrates to pack in your bag to re-energize post-workout and to ensure that you enjoy the benefits of your hard work.
- A Protein Smoothie is an easy one to prepare before leaving the house. Liquids are also easier absorbed by the body than solid food. Our go-to smoothie contains a ripe banana, almond butter, chia seeds, a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a packet of The Essential Greens blended with fresh coconut water
- A Healthy Pancake is one of our favorite snacks to have post workout. Find a recipe that you like (we like to mash up 2 bananas, 1 tablespoon flax seeds, some water and a scoop of oats) and top it off with some almond butter
- A Peanut Butter and “Jelly” sandwich has been a much-beloved snack since our childhood. We like Ezekiel or rice millet bread with almond butter spread on one slice of the bread and smashed raspberries, bananas or blueberries spread on the other
- Roasted Sweet Potato with Nut Butter – We usually roast a batch of sweet potatoes in the oven over the weekend and then refrigerate them. In the morning, it’s easy to pack a sweet potato topped with a nut butter of choice and stick it in our gym bag
- An Energy Bar - This is a convenient option to have around but finding the right bar that supports your goals is important. We like the all-natural ones from LaraBar and Naked
- A Banana with Almond Butter - Grab a banana. Get a serving of almond butter. In one bite you get simple sugars, proteins and healthy fats for post-workout fuel
- Protein Muffin – These are a great snack to grab and go if you have time to make a batch of them over the weekend and have them throughout the week
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more