Dark Chocolate Matcha Cake
Combining two of our favourite things- dark chocolate and matcha! Don’t be fooled, this easy peasy one-bowl cake is chock full of antioxidants, making it both delicious AND healthy. Try it and figure out what’s got us raving.
- 1 + 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup The Matcha Warrior powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 400ml coconut cream (refrigerated overnight)
- 2-3 tbsp honey/ agave (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and add wet ones. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
3. Transfer to a round, greased or parchment paper-lined baking dish and place in oven to bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Check if the cake is done by sticking a toothpick into it – if it comes out dry, it’s ready.
4. Take the cake out of the oven and remove from the baking dish. Let cool on a cooling rack.
5. While the cake is cooling, beat the coconut cream vigorously for about 5 minutes. Add honey or agave, and continue beating until completely smooth, then place back in the refrigerator. (If it doesn’t form nicely into a frosting, feel free to add 1 teaspoon of arrowroot starch and continue beating. Add more if necessary).
6. Once cooled, split the cake horizontally and add frosting to the middle.
Extra: For a chocolate-y twist, we shredded dark chocolate on one half of the cake and covered the other half with frosting and more of The Matcha Warrior’s powder. Enjoy!
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more