Chocolate goes well with anything, but have you tried The Matcha Warrior with chocolate yet? It is simply to-die-for. Time for chocolate peanut butter cups to move aside, matcha buttercups are here to stay!
Yields one dozen
½ cup coconut oil (ours was solidified in the refrigerator)
⅓ cup hazelnut/almond flour
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoon matcha powder
pinch of pink himalayan salt
1 ½ cup chopped dark chocolate
1 tablespoon coconut oil
¼ teaspoon matcha powder
⅛ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- Mix together the coconut butter, almond/hazelnut flour, honey, and matcha powder. Place in the refrigerator to chill for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- While the matcha mixture is chilling, melt chopped dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a hot water bath/boiling pot of water. After the chocolate has been melted, add in coconut oil and stir until smooth then remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin/cupcake liners. Spoon 2 teaspoons of chocolate mixture into a liner and use the back of the spoon to push the chocolate about 1/4 of the way up the side of the liner. Repeat with the rest of the liners.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the matcha mixture into your hands (you may consider using gloves here as it will get pretty oily and messy) and roll it into a ball and flatten it gently. Then place the matcha mixture into the liner. Repeat until all cups have been filled.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture into each liner, gently use the back of your spoon to spread it evenly over the matcha mixture. Remember to ensure that the chocolate reaches the edge and completely covers the matcha mixture. If there’s extra chocolate, just eat it directly from the bowl, or divide it equally to be added to the liners.
- Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator and chill the cups until they are completely solid. Keep them chilled until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, mix together the matcha powder and pink himalayan salt for the topping. Sprinkle the matcha salt mixture over the tops of the cups just before serving. For a softer and chewier texture, let it sit at room temperature for about 3-5 minutes before eating. Enjoy!!
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more