Potato, Leek & Broccoli Soup
“Eat your greens!”, moms all over the world repeat this over and over like a broken record – gotta love moms for that. But when chewing veggies all day long become tough, the veggie champs go drinking their greens.
Fitness enthusiasts love broccoli, and it’s not hard to see why: it is the king of low carb vegetables, high in potassium and fiber (fills you up fast), and almost fat-free! Together with The Essential Greens pack, this makes for a super nutritious meal. In today’s recipe I’ve incorporated it into a yummy broccoli soup recipe that’s filling, wholesome and delicious! I normally serve it with crusty dark rye bread and loads and loads of dukkah.
300g broccoli head
1 small leek (dark green bit removed)
1 clove garlic, minced
500ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp MyMaha Essential Greens
Salt and black pepper
Garnish with: pepitas, alfalfa sprouts, dukkah, black sesame seeds
1. Heat a saucepan with olive oil and add the minced garlic, careful to not let it brown.
2. Add the leek and cook until it is slightly softened. Add the stock into the pan, bring to a boil then add the chopped potatoes to cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli and continue simmering for 5-7 minutes, until just cooked (the color on the broccoli should still look like bright green, and texture slightly crunchy). Season to taste.
4. Remove the pan from the heat. Add half the soup contents to a food processor, blend on high until smooth before adding the remaining vegetable soup from the pot and 1 tablespoon of The Essential Greens powder and continue blending until completely smooth.
5. Serve with dukkah, pepitas, sprouts.
(In case you can’t find Dukkah at your grocer, here’s a quick recipe to make your own: prepare 1/3 cup hazelnuts, 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon black pepper, pinch of sea salt and toast the hazelnuts in the oven for 3-4 minutes then put into a food processor until coarsely chopped. Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and it’s all ready!)
About the Author
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more