Pro Tips for an Apple-shaped Butt
MyMaha expert and bikini competitor Leah Lettieri gives us her pro tips on getting a higher, rounder butt
It’s often said that bikini competitions are won from the back. Developing your glutes, as well as your hamstrings helps to create a balanced backside and sculpts the sought-after booty shelf among figure competitors. When working to build a bum the focus should be primarily on glutes, but you should give your hamstrings some love as well! Below is a list of my favorite workouts for the butt. Only free weights and your own body weight needed!
- Hold your free weights (5-10kg) with palms facing down.
- Stand with your torso straight and your legs shoulder width apart. The knees should be slightly bent. This is your starting position.
- Keeping the knees stationary, lower the weight to over the top of your feet by bending at the hips while keeping your back straight. Keep moving forward as if you were going to pick something from the floor until you feel a stretch on the hamstrings. Do round your back and keep your knees relaxed.
- Start bringing your torso up straight again by extending your hips until you are back at the starting position.
- Aim to perform 4 sets of 15 reps.
- Find a stable surface between 12-24 inches in height
- Face the surface while standing with knees slightly bent.
- Squat down slightly as you naturally do when jumping for height and leap onto the box.
- Allow your arms to naturally swing back and forth while jumping taking care not to put disproportionate weight on your toes.
- Complete 12 jumps.
- Hold a free weight(3-8kg) in one hand and raise your arm above your head.
- Place the opposite foot on an elevated surface, such as a bench.
- Pulse down until the quadricep is parallel to the ground. Do let your front knee extend over your front toe.
- Do 12 reps on each leg.
- Place one foot flat on an elevated surface, and extend the other leg at a 45 degree angle to the floor.
- Lower your hips to the ground, and then pulse upwards squeezing your glutes at the top of each movement. Squeeze like you’re trying to hold a coin underneath your butt cheeks.
- Do 2 sets of 12 reps on each leg.
- Hold a free weight (8-12kg) at the base with both hands and bring legs open to a wide stance (more than shoulder width apart).
- Slowly bend your knees until quadriceps are parallel to the floor. Take care not to stick your butt out.
- Come up slowly, pushing primarily through the heels.
- Aim to perform 4 sets of 10.
About the Author
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more