Sweet Potato Pizza Bites
Instagram sensation and passionate vegan Serene Tan shares with us her sweet potato pizza bites – perfect as appetizers for your next dinner party!
These colourful bite-sized ‘pizzas’ make for a good meal or snack. They are easy to whip up, since there’s no need to make a dough for the base, and only 3 ingredients were used to make the sauce. Customise it to your liking by adding on your favourite veggies (or fruit)!
Ingredients for Pizza:
1 extra large or 2 medium sweet potatoes (I used the Japanese variety)
1 batch 3-ingredient Pizza Sauce (recipe below)
Desired toppings: sliced button mushrooms, onion, corn, carrot, alfalfa, sprouts, nutritional yeast, cracked black pepper were used in for this recipe
Ingredients for Pizza Sauce:
1 1/2 medium red bell pepper
1 medium tomato
15-20 dried cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Wash sweet potatoes and slice them thinly (there’s no need to remove the skin).
- Lay slices on parchment paper.
- Spread sauce on the sweet potato slices.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 30 mins.
- After 15 minutes add mushrooms and onions and leave to continue baking.
- Remove from oven and add other toppings. Enjoy!
Method for Pizza Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Pour mixture onto a sieve (placed over a bowl).
- Shake the sieve until the juice drains out and the sauce thickens. It’s ready to use.
Tip: Keep the juice to add to soup or smoothies!
About the Author
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more