Everybody loves a bit of crunch- in their cereal, on top of a smoothie bowl or oatmeal, or mixed into a salad. This oil-free, refined sugar-free granola recipe hits just the spot.
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
½ cup mixed nuts (chopped almonds/cashews/pine nuts/pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
1 sachet The Essential Greens
½ cup (4 large) pitted medjool dates
¼-⅓ cup maple syrup (depending on your desired sweetness level)
½ hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup dried fruits and goji berries
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 190℃.
2. Soak dates in hot water for 10min/till soft.
3. In a bowl, add the oats, Rice Krispies cereal, mixed nuts and a sachet of THEG.
4. Blend dates and hot water to create a date mixture.
5. Add maple syrup and vanilla extract to date mixture and blend.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
7. Lightly grease your baking tray with coconut oil and pour your granola on top, spreading it into a thin layer.
8. Bake for 15min, then take out and remove any brown edges to prevent them from burning.
9. Bake for another 10-15min/ till granola is lightly browned **Keep a close watch for the second half of baking as the granola may burn easily**
10. Once done, take out to cool and use a spoon to crumble it into chunks of your desired size.
11. Add in dried fruits and chia seeds.
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more