7 Reasons to Meditate
Why do Richard Branson, Gisele Bundchen and Oprah meditate? Our bet is on these 7 reasons.
Thought leaders from Oprah Winfrey to Richard Branson espouse the benefits of mediation and each have dedicated meditation practices of their own. Meditation is regarded as the final frontier in leading one to the top of their game – whether as an athlete, a CEO or as a leader in his or her own life. Both a practice of being and an exercise for the mind, it connects you to your authentic self, bringing it into the world. A dedicated medication practice brings benefits both in the moment and lasting results that can help in attaining internal balance and lifelong contentment. Other benefits of meditation include:
- Emotional balance from looking at emotions objectively and knowing that emotions will pass. Instead of reacting immediately, emotions are processed before reacting.
- Less stress from allowing the mind to relax during meditation and utilizing this in daily life.
- Increased self-awareness from spending time with the thoughts you have and objectively analyzing yourself.
- Better health. The body is able to repair itself during a relaxed state which meditation brings about. Cell-renewal takes place and the body is able to fight inflammation and disease.
- Increased relaxation from higher levels of serotonin, the body’s feel-good hormone.
- Better control and decision-making capability from being less distracted and from being more engaged in the present moment.
- Increased creativity from greater clarity and having access to ideas and inspiration once blocked by distracting thoughts.
Thinking about starting? There are several apps on the App Store to help get you started. We like Headspace, an app that provides daily-guided ten-minute meditations.
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more