9 Ways to Jumpstart Your Wellness Lifestyle
Want to get healthier but don’t know where to start? Here are 9 small changes to make today.
Want to get healthier but don’t know where to start? Here are 9 small changes to make today to get you one step closer to optimum health (and none of these involve signing up for a gym membership)
- Go to bed earlier. Recent studies show that sleep is second only to nutrition in leading a healthy and happy life. A good night’s rest allows the mind to recharge and the body to renew itself, improving reaction time and the ability to make judgments. Most people don’t get enough. Aim for 7-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep every day.
- Eat more whole foods. Whole foods are foods that are eaten as they exist in nature and provide easily absorbed vitamins and minerals that the body craves. If you have the option to choose between whole foods and something that comes in a packet, choose the whole food.
- Eat more greens. Leafy greens provide phytonutrients that the body uses to fight inflammation and oxidative stress, increasing vitality and preventing illness.
- Take time out to relax. Relaxation is something that should be incorporated into daily life. Creative ideas best surface when the mind and body are relaxed.
- Meditate. Take 5 minutes a day to commit to being in the present moment. Meditation is an exercise for the mind that brings greater awareness and control in all other areas of life. If you have more time to dedicate to your practice, try the guided meditation apps like Headspace, available at the App Store.
- Watch less TV. Time spent in front of TV quickly passes, encourages mindless eating and does not bring tangible benefits. If you find yourself not having enough time in a day, consider letting go of television.
- Drink more water. Water flushes out toxins and increased water intake can prevent illness and lead to better skin. Choose water over others forms of beverages when hydrating.
- Get outside. Try spending some time outside every single day. Even ten minutes of exposure to sunlight and fresh air can help you feel recharged. Have lunch outside instead of at your desk or go for a walk in the evening.
- Eat out less. Preparing your own food gives you greater control over the ingredients that you choose to put into your body and is a chance to exercise creativity in the kitchen.
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more