Curry Vegetable Quiche
Emmanuel Stroobant spices things up with this vegetarian-friendly curry-vegetable quiche
For the Pastry
130g diced unsalted butter
2 egg yolks
4 tbspn cold water
1 tsp salt
For the Filling
2 onions, peeled and chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
3 green chilis, deseeded and sliced
300g yellow potato, peeled and diced
200g carrots, diced
3 tbspn curry powder
200ml coconut milk
A pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C or Gas 6. To make pastry, combine flour, salt, butter and cold water in a mixing bowl. Mix until dough forms a ball. Place dough in between of two baking paper and then roll out to about 5mm thick. Line pastry over a round 32cm spring-form cake tin, 8cm deep, easing the pastry gently into the base and press into the sides. Lightly prick the base with a fork.
- Blind bake the pastry with pastry weights, rice or beans for 15 minutes. Remove the weights and bake for another 5 minutes or until the base is dry. Remove from the oven and leave the base to cool.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry onions and garlic until fragrant and translucent. Add green chili and fry till limp.
- Add in curry powder and fry for another 3 minutes. Add in water, potatoes, carrots, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil then simmer for approximately 20 minutes over low heat or until potatoes and carrots tender.
- Combine 2 whole eggs with coconut milk. Place curry in tart crust and top with egg-coconut mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
About the Author
The Essential Greens
The Essential Greens is our high-vibe proprietary blend of green superfood powder made out of 10 organic fruits and vegetables, conveniently packaged in single serving size packets to provide excellent, convenient nutrition whenever you want.Find out more